Subdomain & Custom Domain
- 1.Go to Webstore > Domain.
- 2.Enter your Subdomain in the subdomain configuration box.
- 3.Click Save.
If you're attempting to use a subdomain which has already been used by another store we unfortunately cannot make this subdomain available to you (Even if it seems like its inactive). We have automated systems in place which automatically release subdomains to the public which have been inactive for over a year.
If your store is inactive, and by this we mean your store has not taken a single payment in a period of 1 year, your subdomain may be claimed by another store. If this occurs, unfortunately, you cannot claim this subdomain back, and you must use an alternative. Please note, that this only occurs on stores on the free plan. Stores on a paid plan, cannot have their subdomain claimed due to inactivity.
We changed our company name and branding some years ago, and while we're often still known by people as Buycraft, this is no longer our branding. New stores will be set to the tebex.io subdomain, and we cannot change this to Buycraft upon request, so please do not request this of us.
Watch our YouTube video for a step-by-step guide on how to set up your custom domain.
- 1.Go to Webstore > Domain.
- 2.Click Setup in the domain configuration box.
- 4.Copy the DNS record provided (it will be in the format of xxxxxxx.webstore.tebex.io) and save this for later.
- 5.Create a CNAME record of your custom domain pointing to the previously copied DNS record from above. Please see below for help on how to create this CNAME record and do not proceed with the next step until you've created your CNAME record.
- 6.Click Setup.
In the previous setup steps you have told Tebex Store which custom domain you would like to use. You now need to create the DNS records within your domain name to link it to the Tebex Platform. Below is an example of how to do this via CloudFlare DNS but the instructions should remain similar if you are using an alternative DNS provider. If you are confused at how to create DNS records for your domain name you should contact your domain registrar for more information.
- 1.Login to CloudFlare
- 2.Go to the DNS tab and scroll down to your DNS records.
- 3.In the box where you can add a new record, select CNAME from the dropdown list on the left. Then, in the name field, enter store (or whatever the first part of your custom domain is).
- 4.In the next field labeled Domain Name enter your provided DNS record when setting up your custom domain name (it will be in the format of xxxxxx.webstore.tebex.io)
- 5.Disable the orange cloud - it is very important you do this.
- 6.Click Add Record.
- 7.Wait a few minutes and attempt to access your store with your newly created custom domain name. If you can access your store, everything is setup!
An example of how it should look in CloudFlare is listed in the image below: