Coupons are a Plus or Premium and above feature.
Coupon codes allow you to generate codes which you can give to your customers. You can, for example, create a coupon code which gives a customer a 50% discount on a certain package. Coupons are great to use in marketing material and are a proven way to increase revenue on your webstore when used properly. They are also a fantastic way of rewarding your customers with discounts on their favourite items. You may find this blog post useful for explaining how to use coupons as rewards.
This video will explain the various discounting tools you can use for your store, the first section of this video explains coupons.
- 1.Go to Engagement > Coupons.
- 2.Click Create Your First Coupon Code.
- 3.Enter the following options:
- 1.Code - This is the code your players will enter when redeeming the code on the checkout page. You can click the Generate Code button on the right to generate a random string for you or you can type your own code such as 50OFF.
- 2.Effective On - This is what categories/packages the coupon will be effective on. Each option will allow you to select a list of packages or categories. You can also select the coupon to discount everything on your webstore if you prefer.
- 3.Discount Type - You can either make this coupon discount by percentage or by amount.
- 4.Discount Amount - Enter a value for your discount type, eg, $10 or 10%
- 5.Start Date - This is the date this coupon will become active from.
- 6.Allow On Basket Type - This is what type of basket (Either a one-off or subscription purchase) the coupon will be allowed on. Please note that discounts on a subscription purchase do not carry over onto subsequent renewals - the first payment is discounted, and further payments on that subscription are full price.
- 7.Redeem Limit - This is the number of times a coupon can be redeemed before it is no longer usable (This is the limit across all players).
- 8.Expiry Date - This is the date on which the coupon will no longer be allowed to be redeemed by customers.
- 9.Minimum Basket Value - This is the minimum value a basket can have before the coupon can be redeemed against it.
- 10.Redeem Limit Per Customer/IP - This is the number of times a specific customer/IP address can redeem a coupon.
- 11.Coupon Application Rule - This is how you want the discount to be calculated against other discounts such as sales.
- 12.Username - Enter a username if you only want a specific customer to be able to redeem this coupon.
- 13.Note - An optional internal note (Only shown to you or your staff members) on why this coupon was created.
Once you have entered the above information, click create, and your coupon will now be ready to use and hand out to your customers.