Community goals provide your customers/players with another way of supporting your project. Purchases of qualifying packages will count towards the community goal target, resulting in commands being executed once the target is met for example a global XP boost or server-wide loot drops. Alternatively, you can set up a community goal to automatically activate a sale on your store once the target is met.
- 1.Go to Engagement
- 2.Go to Community Goals
- 3.Click Create Community Goal
- 4.Enter the details to create your community goal:
- Name - Enter the name of the community goal, this is an internal name that is not visible on your store.
- Description - Enter some details about the community goal - what the target is, what the community will receive for reaching the target etc.
- Image - Upload an image to represent the community goal and make it stand out!
- Target - Enter the monetary target to trigger the rewards, such as $50.
- Activate Sale On Goal - If you want a sale to be activated on your store once the target is reached, select the sale here. The sale will be available to all visitors to your store, not only the supporters who contributed to the goal.
- Community Goal Is Repeatable - By default, a community goal will only run once - once the target is reached, the community goal is disabled. If you want the target to reset to 0 and count towards another reward, check this box.
- Packages - Select one or more packages whose purchases will contribute to the target for this community goal.
- Commands - If you want global commands to be activated on your server once the target is reached, create them here. This means that once your community goal is reached, you can give everyone online a reward automatically!
By default, a community goal won't show up on your store, and will just run in the background. To show the progress on your store (and encourage players to purchase to contribute towards it), you can use a webstore module:
- 1.Go to Webstore
- 2.Go to Sidebar
- 3.Click Create Module
- 4.Next to Community Goal, click Create
- 5.Enter the details to create the display module:
- Header - The title to show above the module. This name will be visible on your store.
- Community Goal - Select which community goal you want to be assigned to the sidebar module displayed on your store.
- Bar Style - Select the progress style. Choose from a solid bar, or striped.
- Animate Goal Bar - Select if you want to animate the progress bar with a moving stripe effect.
- Display Goal Amount - Show the monetary value of the target, rather than just a percentage.
- Start/End Time - Only show the module for a certain amount of time (does not affect the end time of the community goal itself, just the display module).
Please note that manual payments created by you in the payments section are not counted towards your community goal, and this will not be changed in future.
This video guide will explain and walk you through setting up a community goal for your store. Using community goals is a great way to encourage support for your project because you can automate rewards for everyone.